Thursday, February 19, 2009

Vacations

It's been years since I have been on a vacation. When I was growing up we went somewhere every year. My favorite ones would have to be camping...yeah we had a mobile home, so technically we didn't camp, but it wasn't home. lol And it was at a camp ground. Before we had the camper we usually rented a cottage. I remember one year, my dad had gone out fishing real early in the morning and my brother Ernie and I rowed out to him when we got up...dad had told us this outragous fish story about a huge pike....yeah yeah whatever...well, I got out of the row boat and climbed into my dads boat to fish with him and my brother rowed back to the cottage. Not long after my dad got a hit on his line and it was deja vu' of what he had just told us....he fought this fish and got it right up to the boat and when we went to scoop this HUGE pike out of the lake it just let go of the line...like it was laughing at us. When we got back to the cottage my brother had told everyone about dads story and I was telling them taht it happened again and I witnessed it...they did't believe me. Thought my dad conned me into going along with his story. I don't know if they ever did end up believing us or not but....IT WAS ALL TRUE! LOL

3 comments:

Tara said...

The old fish tale. I love the fact that you got to share this with your Dad.

Anonymous said...

camping in any form is fun!!!!

Lisa B said...

Love that story Donna!!